Fresh, sweet, and juicy! Great as an appetizer or topping! Popular at many restaurants and supermarkets. Fave party snack!
- 4 mangos, cubed
- 1–2 jalapeños (seeded, deveined, and chopped)
- ½ medium red onion (or about ½ cup), chopped
- 2 large roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Start by cutting/chopping all of your ingredients.
- For the mangos, I like to cut them off of the seed and then cut the pieces in half and then into cubes.
- In a medium to large bowl combine the chopped mangos, jalapeños, red onion, roma tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Taste test your mixture, if it’s not sweet enough to your liking, start by adding 1 teaspoon of sugar, or to taste.
If you like it to be sweet, add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Gradually add more in ½ teaspoon increments until you achieve your desired sweetness. This would be a good idea if your mangos turn out to be less sweet, but it will vary every time because the sweetness varies from mango to mango.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 24.6g
- Sodium: 296g
- Fat: .8g
- Saturated Fat: .2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: mango salsa, vegan salsa, fruit salsa, spicy mango salsa