Shrimp, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, tomato, cucumber, and lime juice on a crunchy tostada topped with avocado and spicy cocktail sauce. Great for a crowd or a weekday meal, this is a great goto on those hot summer days.
- 1.5 lbs cooked shrimp
- 2 jalapenos diced
- ½ large onion diced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the spicy cocktail sauce:
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup cocktail sauce
- 1/2 a lime
- Hot sauce to taste
- Start by preparing your veggies. Dicing/chopping your jalapeños, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and cilantro and add it all to a bowl.
- Take your cooked shrimp and add them to the bowl with all of the diced/chopped veggies.
- Add the juice of 3 limes and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix all of your ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- For the spicy cocktail sauce, in a bowl or jar, combine 1/2 a cup of cocktail sauce, 1/2 a cup of ketchup, juice of 1/2 of a lime, and hot sauce to your liking. Mix well and refrigerate until needed.
- To make the tostadas, start by taking your crunchy tostada shell, on top of that layer your shrimp mixture, sliced avocado, and then spicy cocktail sauce.
- And enjoy!
Can be stored in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days in an airtight container.
To save time, buy the already cooked shrimp in a bag instead of the raw shrimp. You’ll save yourself the hassle of having to cook it and then cool it.
Heat levels can be adjusted to your liking. Add more or less jalapeños and/or hot sauce, depending on how you like your heat level.
If the shrimp are large, cut them down to smaller bite-size pieces.
Can also optionally be topped with just ketchup. Most restaurants serve these with a bottle of ketchup and a bottle of hot sauce at the table to add to your liking.