Spicy shrimp, oven-roasted asparagus, and tomato chunks with an olive oil, garlic, and lemon zest sauce. Sprinkle some shredded parmesan cheese on top for added flavor!
For the Veggies:
- 1 asparagus bunch
- 2–3 medium roma tomatoes
- 1 lemon – zested
For the shrimp:
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Pasta & Sauce:
- 250 Grams spaghetti noodles (about 1/2 a package)
- ½ cup (or a whole head) of minced garlic
- 3/4 cup olive oil good quality
- ¾ cup reserved pasta water
- Shredded parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
For the Veggies:
- Wash and prep all the veggies. Cut down the woody ends of the asparagus and dice your tomatoes into a medium to large dice.
- Sprinkle the zest of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to the asparagus
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to the tomatoes.
- Roast/bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- 15 minutes for the asparagus
- 20-25 minutes for the tomatoes
For the Shrimp:
- Season the shrimp with the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper flakes, salt, and. pepper.
- To a frying pan on medium-low to medium heat, add about 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (or oil of choice). Cook approximately 2 minutes per side or until pink all the way through.
For the Pasta & Sauce:
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package instructions. Make sure to salt the water.
- In a separate pan, on low heat, add the olive oil and minced garlic. When it starts to bubble keep a close eye on it to make sure the garlic isn’t burning.
- Move or stir around every minute or so. After about 10 minutes add 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Let that come back up to a simmer.
- Add your pasta to the garlic sauce. Toss to coat.
Putting it together:
- To your pasta add the asparagus, tomatoes, and shrimp. Toss to combine. turn off heat.
- Top it with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese, totally optional.
- Plate and enjoy!
- Shrimp tail on or off, it’s personal preference. Do what you like best! The rest of the shrimp shell should be removed if you are buying whole shrimp.
- Start with raw shrimp. Buying pre-cooked shrimp will just over cook in the pan. You can do pre-cooked shrimp if you don’t plan on seasoning it and toss in at the end when combining all ingredients, just to warm up.
- This could be made vegan by not adding the shrimp. The chunky tomatoes and crunchy asparagus do really well on their own with this pasta.