You can make them creamy or chunky, either way, they are awesome! Full of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals like thiamine, iron, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus, beans will keep you full for a while!
- 1 Batch of Cooked Pinto Beans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, corn, or neutral cooking oil
- 1–2 cups cooking liquid from the pinto beans
- Add 2 tbsps of oil and your cooked beans with no liquid to a pan.
- Add 1.5 cups of cooking liquid.
- Let them come to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- After they have simmered, mash or blend to desired consistency. Add more cooking liquid as needed for thicker or thinner consistency.
- When you have reached desired consistency and texture, simmer for another 3-5 minutes, turn off heat.
- Plate and enjoy!
- While the oil is hot add other ingredients to flavor your beans with! Try chopped jalapenos, minced garlic, chopped onion, diced ham!
- Instead of oil add some bacon to the pan, crisp up and then add your beans for refrying. So good!
- To get more chunky, mash them with a potato masher. For more creamy beans, blend them with either an immersion blender or with a regular blender.
- If the beans have cooled or have been in the refrigerator over night, make sure that they simmer for longer than 5 minutes when first placing in the oil. You want them to simmer until they are hot all the way through.