Coffee Horchata (Horchata de Café) combines horchata with coffee and it’s like super creamy iced coffee! Made with rice, cinnamon sticks, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and instant coffee this is sure to be a summer hit!
- 1 cup dry rice
- 2 ceylon cinnamon sticks, medium size
- 10 cups water, divided
- ⅓ cup instant coffee
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon mexican vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar
- Rinse your rice over the sink with a mesh strainer and transfer to a bowl.
- Soak your rice and cinnamon stick in 2 cups of water for at least 6 hours, overnight would be best.
- In a pot, add 4 cups of water and 1 cinnamon stick and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add ⅓ cup instant coffee and turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once your rice has soaked for at least 6-8 hours place it into your blender along with the soaking water, cinnamon stick, sweet condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla. Blend all of your ingredients for 1-2 minutes or until it looks like there are no big pieces of rice.
- Pour over a strainer into a large jar or pitcher.
- Pour 4 cups of water into the jar/pitcher with your horchata mix. Stir.
- If your coffee has cooled, pour that over the horchata mix and stir.
- Add ¼ cup sugar and mix.
- Serve in a glass over ice and enjoy!
You can also use brewed coffee instead of instant. Brew 4 cups strong coffee and cool. Replace the cinnamon stick with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, if desired or needed.
Keywords: Horchata coffee, horchata con cafe, horchata de cafe